Friends of Northwest Park
Windsor, Connecticut's Hidden Gem!
473 Acres of Trails and Natural Beauty
12 Miles of Trails, Maple Sugaring, Coffeehouse Concerts, Country Fair, and More...
Events and Programs for the Whole Family!
Welcome to Northwest Park and Nature Preserve
Northwest Park will strive to remain an accessible “living classroom” with a diverse habitat that ties Windsor’s past to the present, while showcasing the future. Educational and passive recreational experiences will be offered everyday for persons of all ages and abilities, while serving as a model of land management, wildlife conservation and sustainable practices.. Our address is 145 Lang Road, Windsor, CT.
The Friends of Northwest Park is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation devoted to cooperating with the Town to promote and preserve the environmental beauty of the park, to maintain the Nature Center, and to providing public nature programs of many kinds for the benefit of our visitors.
January 20 – Nora Jane Struthers & The Party Line – $20 (7:30 pm)
“Nora Jane Struthers is guided by fire. Struthers has [come] up with some of the most quietly powerful narratives within the new wave of Americana artists. … The sound of the Party Line has progressed to include propulsive electric guitar and drums, and Struthers’ sweet voice is showing an edge, the better to meet the challenge.” . www.norajanestruthers.com.
Buy reservations below. Print and bring your Pay Pal receipt – that is your admission ticket! If you have any problems with online ticketing, simply call the park at 860-285-1886 to make your reservations.
Here’s the remaining concert schedule. Online sales for all concerts will be available soon:
- February 3 – Don White ($17)
- February 17 – Hot Club of New England with special guest Matt Dechamplain ($17)
- March 3 – Stacy Phillips and His Bluegrass Characters ($18(
- March 17 – To b announced
- April 7 – Porch Party Mamas ($18)
- May 5 – Gil Gutierrez Strings ($20)
Sugar House Expansion is Underway!
We need your help to support our latest project: EXPANSION of the Northwest Park SUGAR HOUSE. We are currently under construction given a grant by the Department of Agriculture but need to raise $30,000 in matching funds as a condition of the grant.
The Friends have worked with the Park staff to provide public programming in the art of making maple syrup for more than three decades. We draw folks from all over North Central Connecticut during the maple season to learn first hand this rite of spring. Our new project is to upgrade and enlarge the existing sugarhouse. This will enable our volunteers to enhance the maple program, upgrade the utilities, and make the facility handicap accessible. We were successful in getting a grant from the State of Connecticut’s Department of Agriculture – a grant which has enabled us to move forward. But more is needed to make this project a success. The grant requires that we raise 40% in matching funds.
Your donation can help us achieve our goal of raising the $30.000 to access state funding and make the Sugarhouse Expansion Project a success. Will you able to make a contribution? The Friends of Northwest Park Inc is a 501c3 non profit, which allows you to make your gift tax deductible.
How can you help?
- Send a supporting donation through the web site: Simply click the donate button below, OR mail a check to Friends of NWP, PO Box 773, Windsor 06095.
- When ordering through AMAZON use (totally free to you) smile.amazon.com and choose Northwest Park as donation recipient.
- Mail/e-mail a letter to someone you know who you think could help support the sugar house. Click here for a PDF file of a sample letter.
- Facebook/Twitter, spread the word about what is going on at the Park either directing people to our website or GO FUND ME site. https://www.gofundme.com/maple-sugar-house-project
- Contact your favorite business or company to see if they will help us by donating.
- Volunteer your time by e-mail that you are willing to help with the project.
For matters relating to the Friends of Northwest Park: Friends of Northwest Park, 145 Lang Rd., P.O. Box 773, Windsor, CT 06095, or email Terry Langevin, President at email@example.com.
For business related to Northwest Park such as visitor information, program registration, or facility rentals, or to contact Marilyn Smith, Park Manager: Northwest Park, 145 Lang Rd., Windsor, CT 06095, Phone (860) 285-1886 Fax (860) 285-1887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwest Park strives to accommodate all participants in all of our programs. If you require special services in order for you to participate in any program of Northwest Park, please let us know, or, if using a registration form, include this on your form, and give us at least two (2) weeks advance notice prior to the program.